This Blueberry Muffin recipe will become your favorite to make! You can stop your search for the best breakfast muffin these will be your new addiction! You have the option with or without the streusel crumb, either way you can't go wrong!
5 tablespoons butter melted
½ cup sugar
½ cup flour
½ cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners
- Make the crumb topping by combining the melted butter, sugar, flour, oatmeal and salt. Stir with a fork until crumbs form. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Place your blueberries in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream your butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer. Add flour mixture and stir, by hand, until flour disappears. Do not over mix or your muffins will not be moist.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide mixture evenly in the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 to 23 minutes or until light golden or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack.